Trying to update a game that is using WebStorage, to run on latest Construct 3 version?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hey folks,

I've got a project file from one of the sellers in the Asset Store. Unfortunately it is using WebStorage, which was deprecated about 7 or 8 years ago now...

I'd like to work with it in the latest version of Construct 3. Is it as simple as converting all the actions using WebStorage, over to LocalStorage?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is it as simple as converting all the actions using WebStorage, over to LocalStorage?

That's pretty much it. Unless it uses other depreciated/outdated features you didn't mention. Generally speaking construct has pretty good backwards compatibility though.

• > Is it as simple as converting all the actions using WebStorage, over to LocalStorage?

That's pretty much it. Unless it uses other depreciated/outdated features you didn't mention. Generally speaking construct has pretty good backwards compatibility though.

Alright, awesome! Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it :). I figured that would be all that is required. Just wanted to double check.

I think the WebStorage use, is the only issue with the game. But, I'll find out once I get through that part.

• > Is it as simple as converting all the actions using WebStorage, over to LocalStorage?

Bingo, Bango. That did it. It is now pretty much working as intended in the latest version of Construct 3. There are a couple bugs here and there that need working out, because of my changes, but for the most part it's functioning as it should. The original developer said they would update it by the end of this week as well. So I will see the changes they have made, compared to the ones I made in the Event Sheet, for educational purposes.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)