Trying to stop all pictures from changing.

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • Hi

I am trying to set up a players database with name/logo / website.

I have set up the php files etc. on the server.

I am trying to import the data into Construct and I am finding that the photo/logo Sprite box are all the same photo and don't change.

is there a tutorial on this anyone could recommend?

• all instances of Sprite use the same image, so whatever the last one loaded is.

load each image as a different animation frame and set accordingly.

• Thank you AllanR, I can see why it is happing now thank you:),

any ideas on how to add animation frames to load into,

I have tried.

and then uploading from url, does not seem to work :(

• I think you cannot add frames coding.

You have to add them direct to the sprite at layout.

• see this thread, it shows how to do it and provides an example...

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/load-different-image-151138?kws=load%2bimage%2bframe

• Ok understand that one can not yet +1 to make an empty frame for which to fill with photo from URL.

~

This example has 4 frames to the Sprite at start.

~

My Scenario =

New player joins mid-game adds their photo to the database, how do they get their photo included?

~

I was thinking that Onclick = get total Id's from database = X then Sprite Frames = x ?

'however this can not be done yet either :(

• Hmmm, do you want to make a leaderboard and retreive all the images from leaderboard to show up in one screen or just to retreive the image for the current player from leaderboard and only show his own image?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • you could set a limit of how many players can join a game, and have enough frames to cover that - 10, 20 50, whatever your limit is.

• Hmmm, do you want to make a leaderboard and retrieve all the images from leaderboard to show up in one screen or just to retrieve the image for the current player from the leaderboard and only show his own image?

the Grandiose plan at this moment in concept is to make a yellow brick with different pics on it,

Then to put an e~mail inside said VR brick and then to throw it through the recipient's window on google street view+VR.

• you could set a limit of how many players can join a game, and have enough frames to cover that - 10, 20 50, whatever your limit is.

Yep I can see this working, only will need to be upscaled, My #dreamTarget is ONE billion yellow bricks. thus that why we was hopping frame=frame+1 would of worked :(

• well, baby steps... if you start getting anywhere near 1 billion you will have to do some major back end scaling and should be able to afford a large team of developers that you can delegate that task to.

• well, baby steps... if you start getting anywhere near 1 billion you will have to do some major back end scaling and should be able to afford a large team of developers that you can delegate that task to.

thank you for your help and encouragement thus phar.

?_you_are_here where ? = {#bigblueclue ~ point on a Treasure Map helloworld}

• New animation frames cannot be added at runtime to a sprite.

Make it so you have "free" (empty) animation frames available at edit time, and when you execute your game, set the sprite to one of the free animation frames and use the Load from URL action at this time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)