Trouble With Source Atop Blend Mode...

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • I can almost promise you all and myself that I have made a mistake somewhere and that's why I'm here but I can't seem to find that mistake or get source atop blend mode to work. What I'm trying to do is have a designated layer for shadows that appear only on the grass that the player runs on. The shadow layer will have a shadow sprite that I will be able to have duplicates of and move around on all the grass pieces and I will set the shadow layer to source atop to blend it only to the grass. This will allow me to have very modular level creation without as much art to create. I wanted to do this as a layer for the shadows because it will save resources vs having to do this for every shadow object set to source atop. I've tried force own texture for the layer but that doesn't help and I've tried placing the shadows above and below the desired layer as well as adjusting the z order. Nothing :/

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Screenshot below!

All that to say, does anyone have

• force own texture and source atop

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The grass needs to be on the same layer, set to force own texture, as your shadows, and the grass should be below the shadows in z-order.

Source atop will not render the source texture on top of transparent pixels. Note that by default layer 0 is not transparent and filled with white, so there are no transparent pixels. Thus a source atop image without any additional settings will always render on top of the background of layer 0.

Force own texture isolates that specific layer from others below it.

• make sure you have Preview Effects ON

also make sure your object are on the Layer with ForceOwnTexture. Also make sure the layer is trasparent and not bottom layer

• Thank you everyone! It works well now :) I don't remember which issue ended up being the culprit but these solutions worked well for any who come across this post in the future!

Here is a screenshot of the end result. Thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)