Trouble with countdown timer

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Tabata timer
$9.99 USD
Template for Tabata timer, fully documented in comments and video
  • set text to round(timer.time)

alternatively replace round() with ceil() or floor()

see construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/system-reference/system-expressions

• set text to round(timer.time)

alternatively replace round() with ceil() or floor()

see construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/system-reference/system-expressions

he wasn't looking to round the whole "Timer" Number he needs the counter to be with one decimal "4.1" Etc... that is the first problem.

The second problem he needs the decimal Number to show or go down to Ceros >>> "0"

I quote:

P.S: I want the timer to display in the format 5.0 > 4.9 > 4.8 > 4.7...

Do you know if there is any way that the timer display the whole numbers with ".0"? Like... right now it goes 4.2 > 4.1 > 4 > 3.9... It kinda bothers me xD

• > here is one way of doing that Timer = 0 I'm not sure if this is what you looking for

>

> dropbox.com/s/qe14e79f72wnmxp/Timers%20PowerUp2.capx

tarek2 Perfect again, dude! Thanks a lot!

sizcoz Thanks to you too :)

Your welcome :)

• tarek2

2.211111 * 10 = 22.11111

floor(22.11111) = 22

22/10 = 2.2

therefore floor(timer.time*10)/10

By choosing this method OP decides if they want to run to the lowest, highest or in the middle with their number

• tarek2

2.211111 * 10 = 22.11111

floor(22.11111) = 22

22/10 = 2.2

therefore floor(timer.time*10)/10

By choosing this method OP decides if they want to run to the lowest, highest or in the middle with their number

That is exactly what I did on my first comment

I'm not sure if I understood correctly but is something like this what are you trying to do?

I use Timers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0gk35eq578h8cf/Timers%20PowerUp.capx?dl=0

But then as I mentioned earlier there is another problem doing that: I Quote

Do you know if there is any way that the timer display the whole numbers with ".0"? Like... right now it goes 4.2 > 4.1 > 4 > 3.9... It kinda bothers me xD

it's cool :)

I was more checking that you may you have a different way of doing what the OP needed but with the (Round, floor, etc..) as you mentioned so I could learn it as I couldn't find the way

• Hey tarek2, here I am again hahaha

I got into a little problem with the timer again. It works perfectly with numbers below 10, but when it displays a timer of 10 or above, it shows only "10." and doesn't show the decimals... so I figured if I changed the "left(biggergaps_timer, 3)" to "left(biggergaps_timer, 4)" it would work, and it actually did. But now, when timer hits below 10, it shows 2 decimals... like 9.99 > 9.98 > 9.97 and so on. Any way to fix it?

• Hey tarek2, here I am again hahaha

I got into a little problem with the timer again. It works perfectly with numbers below 10, but when it displays a timer of 10 or above, it shows only "10." and doesn't show the decimals... so I figured if I changed the "left(biggergaps_timer, 3)" to "left(biggergaps_timer, 4)" it would work, and it actually did. But now, when timer hits below 10, it shows 2 decimals... like 9.99 > 9.98 > 9.97 and so on. Any way to fix it?

Hi andreluizgollo

Try this and see if it works

Replace the set txt to: left(Timer, 3)

For this>>>> set Txt to: left(Timer, len(tokenat(Timer, 0, "."))+2)

I haven't Test it fully but it should work, let me know how it goes

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • tarek2 Worked perfectly! Thanks again :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)