How to trigger a sound only once

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Change the size and position of everything without calculating anything!
  • Hi,

I have the following set up where the "thud" sound should only play once when a sprite lands on an object from a certain height. Instead, multiple instances of the sound play on impact (there are multiple instances of the same object). I tried adding Trigger once but it didn't help.

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do you mean it should play only one sound in total for all instances? I am guessing so from what I'm reading as you describe multiple instances of the sound as incorrect. If that's not what you meant, then what you are hearing is correct, it's trigger once for 'each instance'. To do one sound triggered for all instances you could try starting a very short timer and then add a condition to play the sound only if the timer is not running. I am not 100% sure if it'll work since collisions are detected in the same tick and they may all be before the timer begins in the same tick.

• you could also use a Boolean variable on the object that is colliding with the leaves. And set it to true on collision and then play the audio triggered once when the variable is true.

• Hi lionz and calminthenight,

Many thanks for your suggestions, it's working now. :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)