How do I transition back and forth between layouts and have the system remember completed tasks?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • I need to create a system where the player begins a level in a top down perspective and is able to transition between Top-Down overworld map and a Side-View of individual rooms.

The main layout of the level has multiple rooms to walk around in from a top-down perspective and once the player enters a room, there will be a prompt that appears on the player's screen to press in order to enter a 2D, Side Perspective of the interior of the room that they are currently in on a seperate layout.

In this perspective, the player will have the option to leave the room and

return to the main map in the same position that they were in previously when they entered.

Certain rooms will have tasks for the player to complete in order to finish the level. These tasks will be done through clicking on a button on screen using a mouse and an animation will play for each tab selected.

I need to find a way of creating a system where the player is able to go back and forth between rooms and have the game remember that the player has completed a task in a room in order to progress.

• I don't know if this is the best solution, but you could store the state of each task in its own global boolean variable. False for incomplete and True for complete. I think this could also probably be done with a dictionary as well.

• Depends what you mean by 'task', probably use a global variable

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Depends what you mean by 'task', probably use a global variable

Well in the game I'm making, the player is a Carer in a Care Home looking after patients. Their tasks will typically involve managing their dietry needs and making sure that they're able to go to the toilet properly. The patient will be relegated to a particular room in the Care Home.

I'll try using a global Variable as a test.

• I think by remember completed tasks you mean then keep the objects where they were before you transitioned between layouts? Look at Persist behaviour, it keeps the position and variables of objects when you go between layouts rather than reset to default.

• I'll have a look at that

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)