How do I transfer players' saves from C2 version of game to C3 version

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • There is currently a version of the game built with C2 + cocoon available on Google Play, but if I rebuild the game using C3 + native export, all players will lose their progress.

For example, there is a variable responsible for number of levels the player has unlocked (saved in localstorage). If I upload an update with the same game built on C3, all the players' data will be lost, and they'll have to start the game from the very beginning (some cloud saves could have helped, but that's not the best solution, since it requires internet connection). Is there a way to prevent the wipe, maybe some alternative to localstorage?

• So am I the only one trying to update C2 game to C3 on android?

• I my answer to you will be incorrect. However I thought you can save your userdate to a localstorage. I am sure you can save it as a cookie with your browser, however when your player empty the cookie cache, your game data will also be lost.

Why not saving your data to the cloud and also as a browser cookie? In case the cache is being emptied, then your player can restore from the cloud? This will also help in cases when the player has no internet.

There is some tutorial somewhere about saving user data in C3, however I can't find it.

Hope this helps.

Chris

• I just searched the manual and come across the following page :

"https://www.construct.net/bw/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/local-storage"

I do not know if this link will remain because this account does not have enough points I am afraid (my regular account has but I do not longer use it because it breaks forum rule having 2 accounts).

However when the link is removed search for "Local Storage" or localstorage in the user manual. This will give you all information. Or go to "Plugin reference" and in the list search for Local Storage.

Hope this helps.

Chris

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I my answer to you will be incorrect. However I thought you can save your userdate to a localstorage. I am sure you can save it as a cookie with your browser, however when your player empty the cookie cache, your game data will also be lost.

Why not saving your data to the cloud and also as a browser cookie? In case the cache is being emptied, then your player can restore from the cloud? This will also help in cases when the player has no internet.

There is some tutorial somewhere about saving user data in C3, however I can't find it.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. As I already mentioned, on android it wipes localstorage data when transferring from C2 version to C3. I was thinking of native storage to make sure even players who play without internet connection get to save their data, but if it doesn't work, I'll try cloud saves, I guess.

• I'm in the same boat, trying to migrate my app from Canvas+ to Webview (e.g. from Cocoon to elsewhere)

Did you find a suitable solution, Simple Games? I'm trying to get nativestorage working, which may lead to another thread I'd like to prevent.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)