How do I make top down free movement with smooth collisions?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi everyone. So I found a lot of posts like mine, but I didn't found exactly what I want. In short I want to do a top down movement, like in 8 direction movement, but free using angles. So it's a 8 direction movement for a mobile game with a thumbstick. I did it with bullet, or custom movement it works fine. But the collisions are clunky.

Can anyone help me ? Thank You :D

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Try the Car behaviour

• I already did, does not work for me, for car behavior you need to set the angle for the object and I don't want to do that cause it will change the angle of the image of the object itself . And this happens.

• For all these behaviours you can untick Set Angle so it only changes the movement angle. Or you can have images on a separate object and pin it to the movement one.

• I tried that but it looks lagged when it collides, maybe I am doing something wrong.

• You're not doing anything wrong, most behaviors just aren't very robust when dealing with collisions.

One solution is to use the physics behavior to handle the collisions. Just set the velocity of the player.

Another way is to just handle collisions and collision response with events:

dropbox.com/s/msb4cz5sqle5one/better_collisions_sdf.capx

The above treats the player as a circle and works with boxes and circle walls.

• Nice, this is a great help for what i want :D thank you

• I have found the solution for my problem. I used the the Bullet behaviour to move to some direction, and turn off Bounce of Solid and turn on Step. On overlapping with a solid i said it to bounce off that solid. It worked kinda lagged. But that event was inside a Is in Touch event. I took it out, and works much smoother.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)