How to use "Tint' effect parameters in the event sheet?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • Hi everyone,

I've started using effects in C3 and they're quite different to use than they were in C2.

I need to change the tint parameter during the course of the game, but can't manage to do it.

Simply changing parameter 0 to anything just changes the red channel.

I suppose the RGB channels are maybe only one parameter, but putting the parameter 0 to something like "(255, 0, 255)" or "255, 0, 255" doesn't seem to work. I get a syntax error when I try that.

I don't see how to change the green and blue, so I believe there is something I don't get with effect parameters in C3.

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide. :)

PS: As a side note for Scirra team, I think it's too bad we can't select the effect we want to change in a drop-down list anymore. Seems like we need to type the effect name now.

• Use the rgbEx expression, e.g. rgbEx(100, 0, 0).

PS: As a side note for Scirra team, I think it's too bad we can't select the effect we want to change in a drop-down list anymore. Seems like we need to type the effect name now.

It's always been like that. There has never been a dropdown for effects.

• Rable

Name for the effect "Tint"

Parameter index 0

Paramater value rgb(255,70,59) needs to be inputed as : 2557059

Atleast thats how it works on my side in the latest version beta.

Id use Ashleys syntax though, since is how is meant to be used.

• You should use rgbEx instead of rgb (rgbEx has the same 0-100 scale as everything else, and supports out-of-range values e.g. 200, -50 etc). There's no need to type in the number directly, you can use the rgbEx expression in the parameter.

• Thanks for the quick reply! :)

In C2 I believe effects were in drop down lists... Anyway it's not a big deal.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You should use rgbEx instead of rgb (rgbEx has the same 0-100 scale as everything else, and supports out-of-range values e.g. 200, -50 etc). There's no need to type in the number directly, you can use the rgbEx expression in the parameter.

That's not very discoverable. Had to google it and get here to find out. Would be nice for new users to know how to input and if it's rgb or rgbex used in the specific case without leaving C3

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)