How do I make a timer based switching system?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Advanced inventory mechanics for your RPG game (Array-based). Take Items, split them, pick up them, read the description
  • Hey, I know this sounds basic but I'm a beginner so don't be harsh on me. Basically I want to make a system

where you switch control to a second character every set amount of time. I have already created the switching but my problem is the timer. I have already tried the timer behavior but the event never ran because control did not switch.

Tagged:

• Do you want to share your project file? It would make it easier for us to see what you are trying to do and provide help.

You should be able to use the timer behaviour along with some variables to make this work. You could also use the every 'X seconds' action.

You could have a boolean variable called "controlswitch" and then use every X seconds toggle "controlswitch".

Then you would have an event that says if "controlswitch" is true, set the controls active for your first character and inactive for second, and another event that says if "controlswitch" is false, set the controls active for your second character and inactive for first.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I missed the game jam deadline I needed this for but I will try this out if I need a similar system again.

Thanks,

xaviergamerpro9(https://xaviergamerpro9.itch.io)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)