How do I throw a physics object along an axis?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Throw daggers and hit the most fruit! Watch out for the wind, if you run out of daggers you'll lose the game!
  • Hey guys, I'm brand new to all of this, so go easy on me! I decided to make an educational math game as a final for one of my teacher education classes, and I'm in way over my head. Basically, I'm trying to make an abacus game for mobile devices that students can use to practice foundational arithmetic skills. I've given the bead sprites of my abacus physics behavior because I want them to travel up and down the wire in a realistic way. So far I've got the beads traveling along an axis (the wire) on touch-hold, but I can't figure out how to release the beads along the wire at a velocity determined by the touch sensor. They just shoot off of the axis in random directions. I've watched a lot of tutorials and tried to reverse engineer some stuff, but I haven't found anything that touches on this specifically. Any help would be very much appreciated!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can use prismatic joint, here is a demo:

dropbox.com/s/dcpl20poe8u6iso/PhysicsAbacus.c3p

Note that the block, base and pole objects are added to a container.

• You are my best friend in the entire universe, and I thank you kindly! This works exactly how I imagined. 100%! If you ever need any art or music, hit me up.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)