How can i do this?

1 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • Hi community, im looking to do an Ecco the Dolphin 8 way movement mecanic where i dash over a wall from water pond to water pond while im dashing in the air (out of the water), so i cant move for like 2 seconds, so my chracter does a hop over the obstacle like that old game and it can move while doing a small semi circle.

I tried Bullet, Tween, Move To... while disabling controls, everything i can think of and nothing works, any ideas?

Tagged:

• Have you tried to use the physics behavior and added it so that when out of the water, the dolphin has a force exerted on it in a specific direction? I am not the best at coding but I think that could work if you have the right conditions in there since I coded something similar when a trap jaw ant closes its jaws, it applies a force and sends it flying until it comes back to the ground and continues walking. I think they are both similar since they both are propelled into the air and then fall back down, so it could work. The code block I used to apply the force is labeled "apply force at angle", which allows you to choose which way they go, how fast, and from what image point. Hope this helps!

• I been trying and i ended up giving up on the whole thing. Doing something far more original now, but thanks for your input, i did toy with it and learned new things, which is always welcome.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am sorry that it didn't work, but I am glad that I helped you learn something, keep it up!

• Well i finally worked this out with tween, disable controls, overlaps, etc... and it works. Now i have an Ecco the Dolphin mechanic that kind of fun. If any one wants to see how i did it, i will post a picture of the logic

• Well i finally worked this out with tween, disable controls, overlaps, etc... and it works. Now i have an Ecco the Dolphin mechanic that kind of fun. If any one wants to see how i did it, i will post a picture of the logic

Where will you post it? I am curious to know how you did it.

• Here i have the image of the logic for the tween and out of water stuff, it works. It probably need some variables instead of overlaping, but for now it works and i can keep designing around it

• Well, looking at it now, it looks like a mess, but works

• Well, looking at it now, it looks like a mess, but works

It looks tidier than my coding, don't worry about it! Great work!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)