System Create object by name for specific family

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of various zombie characters sprites for creating a 2D platformer or sidescroller game
  • Hello,

I have 2 families, Enemy, Friendly with the same objects in each of them (Soldier, Catapult in example)

How can I create a catapult of family Friendly? I hoped for something like "Enemy.Catapult" but i cannot find something like that in the manual or tutorials.

If I cannot create (same) objects for different families, I do not understand why I would ever use two families if I have to dynamically create objects in the game.

Many thanks

Nico

• Oh right if it's the same object type in both of those families then it probably won't work correctly, depending on how the game is, but I imagine it won't. You use families to apply the same logic to multiple objects, not for creating 'for a family'. I would return to the isFriendly variable and ignore families altogether for this game and just be careful with the picking.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You shouldn't use families for spawning like that. what you can do is:

local number UID = 0

decide to spawn catapult / melee

create catapult / soldier

set UID to catapult / melee.UID

then pick friendly with variable UID

set isFriendly to differentiate between Friendly Unit and Enemy unit

treat both objects the same...

P.S.:

when you create a catapult, it will automatically be a member of BOTH families (all families that you assigned it to), so you can pick either friendly or enemy with UID

Also: the Familiies dont help to differentiate between enemy/friend if both objects are in both families.

• Thank you.

It sounds awfully much effort for a very simple condition. The goal is that if a unit is in range of another unit which has a different isfriendly value of this unit, the fight animation is played.

I try this now for 2 days and cant get it done :- (

• Reluctantly I did it now the (very) ugly way... How to optimise that, i was sure in construct someone manages that with 2 conditions or so ;- )

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)