Can I suppress iphones zooming in on a text input

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • I put a text input field in my game, in which the players are supposed to enter a password.

On an iphone however, the browser zooms in on the inputfield and stays there, so that the rest of the game is not playable.

Is there a way I can suppress the zooming in?

Is there another way to make a text input field?

Tagged:

• The most simple way is to set the input font size to 16px or more.

Also Use maximum-scale=1 in the viewport meta tag.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The most simple way is to set the input font size to 16px or more.

Also Use maximum-scale=1 in the viewport meta tag.

Thank you for your answer! Is the viewport meta tag something I can edit in Construct? Or is this something that is done on the webpage that is used for hosting? (Currently I use itch.io but the game will be later uploaded on a "regular" webpage.)

• You can just edit the index.html file. However, you should find that simply setting the font size of the input to >16px will solve it.

• Thanks!

Edit: yes its CSS, also the meta data of maximum-scale=1.0 is already set in the index html, so it should have been applied in the first place. I hope the enforced 16 pixel will do the trick.

Old answer:

Since there is no such setting on the text input, I guess I have to do it with CSS? (Curiously, I can disable the setting of "auto font size", but doing so does not pop up a font size setting.)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)