How do I successfully export a game for mobile?

1 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi. I'm having real trouble exporting my game in a signed APK format that can be uploaded through Google's Android console.

I can export unsigned stuff, but whenever I try it signed, it fails. It compiles locally, then uploads to the Construct build thing, but after a few minutes it fails.

I'm extremely new to this stuff, so the error messages mean nothing - and googling them brings up nothing helpful. The game itself runs perfectly fine on my computer and in remote preview.

Does this mean anything to anyone? I'd be really disappointed after spending all this time (and a little bit of money) on it, if I couldn't actually publish it.

Error: Checking Java JDK and Android SDK versions

ANDROID_SDK_ROOT=~~/androidSDK (recommended setting)

ANDROID_HOME=~~/androidSDK (DEPRECATED)

Using Android SDK: ~~/androidSDK

:wrapper

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 3s

1 actionable task: 1 executed

Subproject Path: CordovaLib

Subproject Path: app

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:

Could not initialize class java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder

* Try:

Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https:/~~/help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 3s

Command failed with exit code 1: ~~/gradlew cdvBuildRelease -b ~~/build.gradle

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • PS. If it helps, Android Studio also can't open the SDK Construct 3 generates either. But if I export as HTML 5 and upload it to my own server, it all works fine.

• One more note - I made a dummy project of just one variable and one event, and it also failed to work. Same errors, even without signing. What am I doing wrong?

• It's a problem with the build service, other people are reporting the same error.

I believe it's the third outage of this service in the past couple of weeks.

• It's a problem with the build service, other people are reporting the same error.

I believe it's the third outage of this service in the past couple of weeks.

Oh thank you! That's such a relief to hear. I suspected that might be the case, but figured it was much more likely I was doing something wrong, being a noob.

Appreciate the quick reply! Thanks.

• Since you obviously seems to use Android Studio.. Try to export as cordova, and run 'prepare' with the CLI, then open with Android Studio and compile. This should "always" work I think.

• Thanks. I only downloaded Android Studio to see if it would be easier that way. I'm new to this - using C3 to make stuff is intuitive, but the byzantine steps to go through to finish it off are near incomprehensible to someone not versed in gaming/coding language.

I'll get there! Cheers

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)