How do I subtract 1?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • C3/Mobile Game

This is driving me nut - it worked perfectly in another game I made and it won't work now.

It will not subtract 1 from slot3Need.

I assume that I have put the wrong variable in the wrong spot but I've been looking at this for so long it's now just a jumble.

Everything else finally works, but it won't subtract 1 from slot3Need.

When I shoot the fruit, it adds 1 to slot3Hit each time and when I reach 3, it sets slot3Hit back to 0, but it doesn't take 1 from slot3Need.

(I hope this is one of those times when I click submit and I find it in 2 seconds.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • slot3need variable is reset to 5 on every tick in "Level 1" group. Even if you subtract 1 from it, the next tick it will become 5 again.

• dop2000,

I don't understand.

The text is set for every tick, but that sets the text to show what slot3Need is. It doesn't set the variable every tick.

What am I missing?

What is really aggravating is that I set it up like this in another game and it works perfectly.

This is the other game:

• This is the event I was talking about, it resets the variable to 5 on every tick (while level=1)

• dop2000,

Ohhhhhhh! I didn't know it worked like that (and I'm confused as to how/why it works in the other game.)

So now the question becomes how to set a different variable, for each fruit, for each level? On level 1 the player only needs to destroy 5 bananas, but on level 12 the player may need to destroy 12 bananas.

Well, that's my project for today.

Thanks for the information.

• dop2000,

OH I SEE why it works in the other game, I am using 3 different variables instead of just 2 and the first variable has to stay constant. DUH!

Thanks again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)