How do I make these strands of slime not have a seizure and make them go up and down smoothly?

1 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully animated four directional elemental slime enemies
  • Introduction and Code Explanation:

Basically what is happening is 2 sprites that I called VelvetWormSlime1 and VelvetWormSlime5 will go to image point one and two on the velvet worm and pin themselves to it. After that the other bits of the slime go to each other's different ends, with 1 pinning to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4, and 4 to 9 (I know that the ordering is messed up but I added 9 and 10 separately and the code was already in) and also 5 to 6, 6 to 7, 7 to 8, and 8 to 10. I then made revolt joints for each of them in the same way as the pinning, which is where I think one the problems starts. Then the 2 slimes attaching to the worm rotate with the sine behavior and than everything freaks out, I sadly can't post a video of it since I am on a school computer so I just took multiple screenshots of what happened. When I get rid of the sine code, it doesn't freak out as much but I need it so that the slime acts like a wave or a rope being pulled up and down.

TLDR: I made multiple sprites create revolt joints and pin them to each other, and when I make the ones attached to the velvet worm rotate to create a wave or rope motion, the rest of the attached sprites freak out

Here are some screenshots of the chaos and code, sadly I can't share a video or the project because of this school computer, so I am sorry if the screenshots don't help much

Tagged:

• It's a very bad idea to mix Physics with other movement behaviors. Especially if you are using joints. You need to pick - either do everything with just Physics, or remove Physics behavior and use Pin/Sine/Tween etc.

Also, consider posting your project file, it's very difficult to troubleshoot issues like this with screenshots.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Okay, I will try to do it without the physics first and also I will try to see if I can use my PC at home to post these topics from now on so I can actually share the file and videos, but I don't know if it will work. Also thank you for all the advice that you have given me, because I definitely would not be able to make my game without people to help me like you, have a great day! I will post an update to see if it works in a few days, and maybe even tomorrow.

update: it is not freaking out anymore, but I feel like it doesn't move like a fluid enough, but that's a problem for another day, thank you again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)