How do I make a straight line curve? pic attached

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
solution for games like "fruit ninja" and drawing applications
  • Hi, I want a straight line to arch back into a curved line when the mouse button is down, anyone know how to do this. I literary have no clue.

Thanks

• what are you trying to achieve, like what is it for? i get it you want it to arch but... in what purpose ... bow? cause it might be the other posts we talked about clamps and cos and sins solved this one. if its a animation like effect just draw the thing, and use a sprite animation, would be much easier to understand.

you can do this with maths, animation using sprites, or canvas plugin drawing ... but then ul need maths to make canvas plugin work... so ...

• It's for a bow, so when the arrow is drawn, the string moves back with it. :-).

• It's for a bow, so when the arrow is drawn, the string moves back with it. :-).

i would just animate the bow ... will make ur life easier... 10 frames i think i had something like this in a old game template i wanted to do in arcade... scirra... RGB adventures... the archer is using an animation to do exactly this... and i also added in the animation a spring like effect as when is released the string will go front a bit then come back and like vibrate...

scirra.com/arcade/role-playing-games/rbg-adventures-a-idle-tale-13906

here is the game... u can download the animation from using the browser f12 on chrome go to network refresh page and grab the assets from it.. i don't know where i put the original capx...

but your other post you did does exactly this, effect i tested it on c3 and works okay :) is just using probably canvas, or multiple sprite dots... i tried with dots ... kinda curved but not perfectly round... more like angled ... my maths is bad XD

here is the png of the archer from the game on scirra arcade

u can see the entire thing is just an animation, and the bow i think is the easiest weapon u can animate...is just a white line or what color u make it be ... for the string... that u change when u need as u want easiest thing... i mean u could do it by maths probably will teach u something but ... depends what you want to do by going that route... if its learning then definitely maths is the way... if its making something work... u don't need necessarily maths on this as long as it gives u the same result.

and here is a small c3p file that uses an animation to curve/pull a string as in for a bow and then move it back to normal when is released...

• Thanks very much for the help corp.

I liked that game bro, it was pretty cool. It reminded me of an old school game called vandal hearts. The start scene,

youtube.com/watch

What happened to the game, I want to play it!

It only seems to work on mozzila, but my chromes a bit dodgy. I like the animation and I like how the coin gravitates. did you use a bullet animation for that.

Thank you for the PNG. You have helped me out a lot, if you would like this pack please let me know. I can zip and ping it over to you!

store.steampowered.com/app/493330/Spriter_Delta_Missions_Environment_Pack

The game will have multiple bows, I will try the animation and upload a gif, see what you think !

• Thanks very much for the help corp.

I liked that game bro, it was pretty cool. It reminded me of an old school game called vandal hearts. The start scene,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Pajl8dMXE

What happened to the game, I want to play it!

It only seems to work on mozzila, but my chromes a bit dodgy. I like the animation and I like how the coin gravitates. did you use a bullet animation for that.

Thank you for the PNG. You have helped me out a lot, if you would like this pack please let me know. I can zip and ping it over to you!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/493330/Spriter_Delta_Missions_Environment_Pack/

The game will have multiple bows, I will try the animation and upload a gif, see what you think !

Thanks for the gift, but im just helping around, i like to help ^_^... even though sometimes it might make people a bit more confused than actually helping...

the effect for coins i think was made with physics behavior... i can't remember.

the game was just an alpha test, i have so many of them, i tried to do a challenge for myself back then to create 50-100 minigames the entire year much like Ninjadoodle with his 7 day challenge, but then i want it to expand it and create a arcade gaming network with in house games... however life hits... and funds are needed to be able to spend time and i just don't have the time for it now... maybe someday i'll pick it up again. Plus back then i didn't knew how game deving works as task based development... and i was overcomplicating the planning and design of gameplay... making my desire to put it in practice diminish, and i ended up jumping from alpha to alpha to alpha and never finished anything .... so now i have around 500 gb of files xD waiting to be taken up again... and maybe someday put them on a website and say hey i do games... quite a beat up story but is just another sorry excuse i guess .... don't be bummed out by my progress lol

actually looking at your generous offer made me think about my store items ^_^ i might increase the discount offer.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • makeagif.com/i/qU_ENN

lol, you might want to edit your previous post and remove the gif link u had there, there seems it acts like a iframe ... causing issues when u post stuff.

this bundle here Game Template Pack #1

but i stopped improving it a long time ago, lots of people asked me to polish them and stuff, but time management is ... well you know ... "^_^

was planning using that (edited reason: plans for world domination by mistake made public)

email me if you got the time (#####-removed-crawlers everywhere ) wanted to ask a more private question.

Edited: btw if you want that arrow to move while your string on bow is being pulled...add another image point on the animation of the bow or string .... depends how u used the string there...

and for each frame.... move the new imagepoint to the center of the string it like where would the arrow tail will be held... then on a everytick thing or on the string animation events, you can add under the animation action set arrow position to (bow.imagepointx("imagepointnew") (bow.imagepointy("imagepointnew") also make sure the image point on the arrow is in its tail, that might cause some center of gravity if you are using gravity for the arrow fall, not sure if its applying to the bullet though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)