How do I store user certificate and use private key to sign data?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
DATA+ (Addon Pack)
$9 USD
60% off
Data+ is the best Data Management solution for Construct 3. It contains 4 Addons (Plugin & Behavior).
  • I've been searching documentation, tutorials and forum but still can't find how to do this. If anyone has any idea, please shine some light my way :)

I need to store a CA issued certificate for each app user. If possible it would store to local storage and an SQL DB for a backup. This would be a one time event for each user.

Then I need the private key of that cert to sign user created data. This would be done whenever new data is created.

I haven't the foggiest how to do this with C3.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The certificate is probably in a form of text string, so you can simply store it in Local Storage. There are plenty of examples and tutorials.

But to sign any data you will need a script or addon. As far as I know, the official plugin doesn't support PKI cryptography, so you will need some third party solution.

• The certificate is probably in a form of text string, so you can simply store it in Local Storage. There are plenty of examples and tutorials.

The certificate is a .p12 file. I went through many tutorial about Local Storage but I still don't see how to turn the certificate in something that I would be able to store. I'm missing something but I don't understand what it is.

But to sign any data you will need a script or addon. As far as I know, the official plugin doesn't support PKI cryptography, so you will need some third party solution.

Can anyone recommend a good solution?

• It's possible to store binary files in Local Storage too.

I don't have a solution, you need to do some research, maybe hire an experienced programmer.

Here is a link I found which may be useful:

stackoverflow.com/questions/36018233/how-to-load-a-pkcs12-digital-certificate-with-javascript-webcrypto-api

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)