How do I stop text input object stop lagging behind while pinned

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • I am making a kanban. When the user creates a card a text input object is created and pinned to the card. When you drag the card around the text input object is lagging behind. Is there any way to fix this.

I have seen people complain about the pin behavior not working the way it should and was wondering if this is just me not doing something right or is it just construct

project:

drive.google.com/file/d/1JScRTByCrj5G3B0OtnDqvo_mF5AcMY5O/view

• What matter about pinning is it need to be pinned one tick a time that triggered by certain condition with pinned behavior pinned to only one object. so using everytick won't work, neither double pinned (each other) to both objects.

• What matter about pinning is it need to be pinned one tick a time that triggered by certain condition with pinned behavior pinned to only one object. so using everytick won't work, neither double pinned (each other) to both objects.

what do you mean one tick at a time ? and im am not double pinning or using every tick

So is it not possible to stop the lagging ?

• Look at following example about pinning & hierarchy: drive.google.com/file/d/1CxeAvfEBCndMKe-zLlnrWODxAVcZ4CFY/view

They act similar but hierarchy has more feature. Try to enable disabled pinning action in the example and disable hierarchy action to see the result.

/*edit: Just realized that the lag caused by drag & drop behavior. A workaround would be using touch control so the card would be following Touch.X & Touch.Y position.

• I changed it to using hiearchy and it did help a little, the lag of the text input object is not so bad but its still noticeable. This doesnt happen with sprites or any other obj just text input object. Also I need access to the link you posted I cant see the example.

Also would you know how to create the events correctly using the touch. I keep trying to get it to work and it just creates even bigger lag with the input box then what I had before.

// On touch object card - set position touch.x and touch.y // this is what im doing and makes it worse

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Replace input text with just text makes everything on set. Input text mean to be used one when user type something and not suitable being moving around. That's exactly how I did with my crossword example: dropbox.com/s/2ymk52xp0inxk7k/crossword_alextro.capx

• Replace input text with just text makes everything on set. Input text mean to be used one when user type something and not suitable being moving around. That's exactly how I did with my crossword example: dropbox.com/s/2ymk52xp0inxk7k/crossword_alextro.capx

I need input text object because the user should be able to create a card and on the card they should be able to name it and move the card where ever they want

edit// okay i figured out what u meant I just added a text object to just display what the input object has and just make the input box invisible, this works. I will just use this going forward and add some sprites to help give it the effect that they are typing into their.

Also just learned that if I wanted to do this clean and quick i could just use HTML but i dont know so I guess foranyone wanting to create nice clean menu just learn html lol

• Learn how to build things natively Will give you some insight how things work under the hood and more straight forward approach with extra effort.

• Browsers don't paint the canvas and other HTML elements at exactly the same time (I'm not sure why). It means if you move a Sprite and a HTML element at the same time they may not be exactly in sync. I don't think there's any good workaround to this, other than to make sure the moving content is either all HTML elements, or all not HTML elements.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)