How do I stop a crash on transitioning layouts?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • The game has been working perfectly until yesterday. I can't figure out what is causing this bug.

When I switch layouts, the game freezes. Debug freezes as well. This has been a transition that was working perfectly just a few days ago. I also didn't change much and didn't touch the transition code since it was working.

To replicate this bug, start on layout fieldsite2, talk to the character by going up to her and pressing spacebar, then find the nest which is in the upper right hand corner of the map and press spacebar. Clicking through the rest of the dialogue should get you to the next map through a transition. But the minute it tries to go to the next layout, nothing more happens. I have tried troubleshooting a bunch and I am pretty stumped on what to do next. Any help would be much appreciated!

The code for the transition is in the group graphic triggers then the group store, but I have a feeling it doesn't have to do with that since it was just working.

Here is the game:

drive.google.com/file/d/1SNcypCKCaxBv715OpISW6s6CI2Mk4srX/view

• I figured out it was a bug with the newest version of Construct. Version 164.2. Can somebody please fix this! Transition works fine in version 164.

• yeah, I just figured that out too... I reverted your file back to version 163, so you can open it in that version (or 164)...

https://www.rieperts.com/games/forum/Grace163.c3p

• Life saver! Thanks so much, and super quick too. Do you know if there is a way for me revert the file myself if this happens in the future?

• you have to unzip the whole project, look for a file called project.c3proj and open that in a text editor, and on the second line of the file you will see:

"savedWithRelease": 16402,

change the number to the version you want to open it with... in this case I changed it to

"savedWithRelease": 16300,

save the file, re-zip the whole thing (and change the extension to .c3p)

NOTE!!!! this will only work if you have not started using new features not found in the version you are going back to... so make sure you keep lots of backups! and use at your own risk :) I have successfully done this many times with C2 - this is the first time I have tried this with C3, but it seemed to work fine.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you run in to a bug or issue in Construct 3, please post it to the GitHub issue tracker here:

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues

The console seems to indicate some issue with the Tween behavior :

tween.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: this._tracks is not iterable
     at C3.Tween._DeleteIntermediateKeyframes (tween.js:1)
     at C3.Tween.Reset (tween.js:1)
     at C3.TimelineManager._OnBeforeChangeLayout (timelineManager.js:1)
     at Array._beforeLayoutChange (timelineManager.js:1)
     at C3.Event.Handler._FireNonCancellable (handler.js:1)
     at C3.Event.Dispatcher.dispatchEvent (dispatcher.js:1)
     at C3.Runtime._DoChangeLayout (runtime.js:1)
     at async C3.Runtime._MaybeChangeLayout (runtime.js:1)
     at async C3.Runtime.Step (runtime.js:1)
     at async C3.Runtime.Tick (runtime.js:1)

• Swampa Studio

I just fixed this issue. Tried it out with your project and everything seems to be working just fine.

A patch should be coming out soon for the latest stable release to fix this and a few other issues.

• Just got the patch and everything is working great.

I am extremely impressed with how fast you guys got this fixed.

Thank you thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)