How do make a "stat pentagram"?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Don't really know how to better word it, but any ideas on how to build a stat pentagon with the pseudo code blocks? I want an interesting way to display linked information for a prototype! something where i could control 5 vertices of an object and I could use the variables that I already have to determine where each should be within a range. An ideas would be greatly helpful!

• You'll probably want to look at the Drawing Canvas.

Add a polygon point for each stat, then draw the polygon.

If you're doing the classic circular shape, you'll need some trig to find the points.

I've put together a demo project:

construct.net/en/free-online-games/statistics-polygon-51933/play

• Just now having the chance to view it, thank you so much! this helps a ton, I'm working on this as a prototype app for my school's steam academy. I was wondering if I could have your permission to use this code outright, with proper crediting!

I was also wondering if you could help break it down for me, I'm newer to coding and the notes help, but I wondering how to make each position (like a set placement) instead of randomizing. I rearranged "minimumPercent + random(1-minimumPercent)" to "Choose( *my values which are 0 < x < 1*)" but and confused on what wording to use if I want to make sure it goes in a predictable consistent order (i.e. stat 1 top, stat 2 left, etc.)

Once again thank you so much, you have no idea how much this is helping me! Super interested in one day understanding everything in full

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sure, you can use it for educational purposes (or to educate porpoises, if you can find a way).

So, the way I have it set up, the first statistic will be on the right, just below center, and they go clockwise from there in the same order as in the array.

The best general advice I can give for your game dev journey is to get good with trig. SOH-CAH-TOA, cartesian and polar coordinates, distance and angle formulas. It has a thousand and one uses.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)