How do I use a sprite from a sprite sheet as my character sprite?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
- This pack is suitable for shooting games, running games, platform games, and side-scrolling...
  • Hi all,

Sorry, VERY new to Construct 3 and game-making in general.

In creating your sprite for, say, your player. I have only used individual images so far, but a new resource I have is a sprite sheet. Is there a way, in Construct, to natively use these sheets for your sprite?

In other words, instead of individual images of my player ( let's say, idling I have five images to create an animation ), now I have a sheet of all those images - so how do I tell Contruct to use parts of that sheet for, say again, idling?

Sorry - hope that makes sense. Thank you very much for reading!

• When you import the spritesheet using the image editor it asks how many images are in the rows and columns and it'll chop it up

• When you import the spritesheet using the image editor it asks how many images are in the rows and columns and it'll chop it up

Thank you lions! Just to make sure I'm on the same page as you, when you say 'import' you are using the 'Load an image from a file' option in the 'Animation Editor' ?

If that's so, it's not asking me for that information. Is there, possibly, a setting I need to tweak to make that happen, or perhaps another step I need to take? The path I take is double-click on the Layout, choose 'Insert New Object' choose 'sprite' ( maybe that's wrong of me? ), click on the Layout to place the sprite and open the Animation Editor for that sprite.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah ok, on the frames strip at the bottom, right click import frames from strip. After you select the image it will ask you.

• Awesome! Exactly what I needed to know - thank you kindly :>

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)