How do I make a sprite fade in when it's being approached and fade out when it's being left behind?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
It's here!
$4.95 USD
Creepy and nasty horror track. It's terrifying from the beginning till the end. Goosebumps guaranteed
  • Hey, I've been working on this forever and can't get it to work for the life of me. I'm making these text sprites that I need to fade in when being approached and fade out when being left behind. I need them to keep working that way as well.

Currently I attached two different sprites to my character, one that triggers a fade in on collision with the text-sprite, and then another that triggers a fade out when there isn't a collision. So I have two separate events being triggered that cause a different fade.

The issue is that I don't know how to make it so that the fade out doesn't trigger from the start since it's only condition is that it's not colliding with the text-object.

Is there a way to assign another condition so that it only fades out once it's already been touched?? Would that work anyway? Cause I need the player to be able to approach and re-approach the objects and have them keep fading in and out. Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I commented on your other post, it doesn't make much sense. If you want it to fade out when there isnt a collision then what is different about the start of the game? What should it do at the start of the game and when does that change? Are you saying you need to touch it once to fade in before it begins to fade out? To do this it needs to be invisible to begin with. Think about what it should look like then tell us.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)