How do I get same speed in home wifi and phone tethering?

From the Asset Store
Hundreds of environmental props and variations for creating awesome home interiors

Hello.

I use Construct at home and sometimes away while tethering to my phone. When I preview (run) my project using home wifi, it runs smoothly. However, while tethering, it runs choppy.

Is there something I am doing wrong? My mobile plan has high speed internet. I haven't figured out what could it be yet.

Mods, if this post should go elsewhere, please move accordingly.

Thanks, regards.

This doesn't really make any sense, as the performance of the game has nothing to do with the quality of the network connection. Games are run locally on the device without using any networking, unless you make a multiplayer game.

Perhaps it's something like battery throttling instead? If it's charging when using home wifi it can use more power, and if it's on battery while tethering it may run in a power saving mode which reduces performance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Hello. It shouldn’t be battery throttling, as I plug the computer and phone into power outlets when away as well; the only difference in this scenario is the connectivity.

This doesn't really make any sense, as the performance of the game has nothing to do with the quality of the network connection. Games are run locally on the device without using any networking, unless you make a multiplayer game.

Perhaps it's something like battery throttling instead? If it's charging when using home wifi it can use more power, and if it's on battery while tethering it may run in a power saving mode which reduces performance.

Did I tell you I'm an idiot? I just tried it at home, unplugged from a power source, with the home network. Boom, "problem" replicated. I owe you one.

Did I tell you I'm an idiot? I just tried it at home, unplugged from a power source, with the home network. Boom, "problem" replicated. I owe you one.

This may be totally unrelated and it's not like I can help or you asked, but maybe you could calm down a bit? Not trying to sound mean but a response like that might not get you the help you need.

> Did I tell you I'm an idiot? I just tried it at home, unplugged from a power source, with the home network. Boom, "problem" replicated. I owe you one.

This may be totally unrelated and it's not like I can help or you asked, but maybe you could calm down a bit? Not trying to sound mean but a response like that might not get you the help you need.

My repsonse means Ashley was right - Ashley called it out, I said no, I dismissed it but then replicated the problem using a home connection and unplugged to power as originally surmised.

Problem solved and further replies about attitude don't help anyone, so closing thread.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)