How do I specify a layout/level?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Unlock Levels, Worlds & skin plus add coins by watching ads
  • Is there away to specify layout X or level X in the event sheet.

If every level is nearly the same, but every 5th level a new challenge is added. Is there away to say Level 5 do Y, then Level 10 start doing Z?

There has to be away. I can't image there needs to be a specific event sheet for each level.

Thank you.

• You can make use of system compare 2 values, layoutname = X

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Thank you for your reply

I thought it worked. I tried it again and it didn't.

Can I get another hint please?

The second level is named: Level 2, but I can't get that to go in there.

I may be seeing cracks of light ..... Each level has a different layout. The layouts are named level 1, level 2 and so on. Does that change the answer to my question?

• Depends what you are doing and when you are doing the thing. Also the event sheet you are doing the compares on must be linked to all the layouts/levels.

• Well, you're probably going to think I'm being silly, but before I build the game I build a simple template.

This template is setup so that it has 1 event sheet with local storage that remembers the levels the player has completed. Each level is a different layout. I have 15 different layouts that represent 15 different levels. They don't look different now, but they will when I build the game. All the sprites are on a sprite sheet so I can keep track of them.

What I'm looking to do is to create a new challenge for every level. In this case I'm just looking to get the challenge buttons to show up on each level.

I want to use just 1 event sheet for the game.

So on level 2 I'm trying to make the sprite named challenge A appear and maybe blink. And then on level 2 I want to make challenge B appear and maybe have a sine behavior. Then on level 3 have challenge A sprite to have the sine behavior and challenge C sprite do something different.

It's my way of learning, by doing. When I build the actual game I will have actual challenges, but this how I plan out the game and test it out.

What I don't know is how to put on the event sheet: Only on level 2 do X and only on level 7 do Y.

Here is a fresh copy of what I'm working with.

drive.google.com/file/d/1FKffLty7Y3I867e4k-YP_echr8Mds8t7/view

Any help is appreciated.

• Try on start of layout + if layoutname = "Level 2" do something.

This means when you load into Level 2 that thing will happen.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm still missing something.

You said: "on start of layout + if layoutname = "Level 2""

I have 'on start of layout'. I assume "+ if layoutname" is referring to a condition and that you're referring to the condition from your last comment "compare two values", yes?

I go there and under 'value' I put: LayoutName = (is equal to)

but when I try to type Level 2 and I get a syntax error.

Am I over thinking or way off?

Please don't give up on me, I know I'm close.

Thanks again.

• It has to be text or string so "Level 2"

YES!!! That's it!!

Thank You!!!

I am so excited - I'm starting a new game tonight.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)