How do I make specific solids apply only for specific objects?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Hi, my issue is bit hard to explain so I explain it in scenario..

So, I have top-down game, there's 3 store house, I have separated each floor to separate set of layers... walls and some objects are solid and blocks movement.

I have made that when Player walk upstairs, I make that level visible and hide it when going downstairs. Now, I have issue with collisions with solid objects, downstairs walls still blocks player when upstairs.

I know I could only enable solids of floor that player is in, but when I start implementing enemies, they still need those walls and objects be blocking in downstairs even if player is upstairs.

so, if I think player and enemies as entities. I need solid collision apply only to entities that are in same level.

• You can try solid filters - you can specify different tags on solid objects and enable/disable collisions with these tags. But I'm worried managing all these tags may be quite difficult in your case.

If enemies can't walk freely between floors, perhaps it would be easier to make each floor on a separate layout.

• Thanks for reply,

Yeah I noticed that there were tags for solids and those are good if I have to go with enable/disable solution.

But yeah, I plan those enemies be able to follow player to different floor and later even make them able to detect player through noise and then try search player.

I already use tags in shadowcasters, its too bad that solids don't have something similar.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm...

When using custom obstacles for pathfinding, those obstacles doesn't need solids to be enabled, so maybe for now I try making enemies pathfind around and if in same level and

in presence of player, then switch their movement something more precise.

Of course, Im open for suggestions, if there is better solution, but I try that for now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)