How do I spawn an object after the spawner has hit a certain point after moving?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • imagine this. an object has stopped moving after hitting the wall. then, the first object spawns another object that will move after hitting a certain wall. after hitting the wall, the newly spawned object should spawn another object every 3 seconds after hitting the wall. what can I do to achieve this?

• I think I understand what you're asking.

You'd probably want an on collision > spawn another object. Then once the second object collides with the wall, on collision, system > every X seconds, spawn the object.

Something like this. I didn't test it cuz I don't have time at the moment to build the whole thing, but in theory I think this should work, maybe with a little tweaking for your specific scenario.

(also apologies for the random objects, they're just stuff from my game)

EDIT: Dunno why the image isn't showing up, here's an Imgur link

• Hmm. I will give it a try when I can

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i just tried it and the problem is that only one object spawns from one out of three spawners

• i just tried it and the problem is that only one object spawns from one out of three spawners

I didn't realize you wanted multiple items to spawn objects, my bad. I'd add each item you want to spawn objects to the action. So instead of just the last object that collides, repeat the spawn another object for each spawner.

• Thanks for your help. I just figured out what needed to be done. I had to use overlap instead of collide. Thank you either way

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)