How do I Spawn an Object?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hi all

So I am new to this and I am loving it and getting quite a lot out of the software already, however I am having issues with the simple event of Spawning an Object.

I just can not for the life of me get the "Spawn Another Object" event to work. I've now tested it in an empty project and still can't get it to work.

-The image points are correct

-The correct object is selected

I can see in the debug that a new object simply isn't being made, it's just ignoring the event.

Also, is there a way to just choose an X, Y point for spawning rather than the image point? I've tried so many expression variations and simple code that should work in the language but the "Image point" box just refuses everything including punctuation!

It's probably very simple, but hope someone can help, many thanks.

• There is a create object action under system.

If your spawn object event isn't running, there is probably an issue with your conditions. The best way to get help is to show what you did in your event. You can right click the event and click copy as text to share on the forums, or take a screen shot.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've moved on to a 3rd project and managed to get it working, but I am unsure exactly what I did different, but hey, results.

Thank you so much for directing me to Create Object in System, as it works much much better. I was searching in the Help for spawning objects and that didn't come up, guess I was searching the wrong keyword.

Sorry for the delay I have been away, but you've really helped me out, and I am making great progress and can't wait to be part of the construct community.

All the best

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)