Spawn an effect at point of collision instead of image point

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • Hi all. I hope I word this ok cos this is quite hard to explain.

Here's the Capx https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl61kbgxhd44sn5/Block%20Test.capx?dl=0

After a physics block is fired at another physics object (tap anywhere to shoot the block in that direction) it needs to spawn a collision effect. Sounds simple, and it would be under most circumstances.

Currently. It is spawning the particle effect on the origin point of the objects, which is not what I need to do. I need it to appear at the exact point the block hits. For Example: If the corner of the block hit the wall the particle would spawn on that corner.

So yeah, obvious answer is to add another image point to spawn the particle, BUT this is a 4 sided cube spinning so that image point could appear anywhere on the surface area of the cube that hits the wall.

Since there doesn't seem to be a way to move Image points on the fly I'm not sure how to achieve this. I imagine it would be done by not using image points at all, and using System - Create Object, and a command to spawn the particles directly between the two physics objects on collision. But being an awkward so and so, I've made this more difficult as I require all the physics objects (Blocks and Walls) to be in the same family, for reason I won't bore you with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Check out this thread for some demos:

• Great mekonbekon looks like everything I need to know is here. Thanks yet again

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)