How do I get sound to play on mobile browsers?

From the Asset Store
A set of board games to make your day joyful. Play, Enjoy, Relax

After several hours I'm finally stumped! The full game is private, but I have attached a .capx that has the same issue for me.

In my game, clicking on an object causes a sound to play. Works on Computer Browsers but Mobile browsers don't play any sound no matter how much I tap the screen, or tinker with the settings.

h*t*t*p*s*://1drv.ms/u/s!AqQz4jQiBdANhfZWBxSI_eFNGB1eLA

I downloaded an example .capx from somewhere to see if the sound for it would play on my mobile browser, and it does. But no matter how I try, I can't reproduce the same results in my game.

I even tried downloading the sound file from that .capx and uploading it to my test file (in case my sounds are bad?) and I also tried uploading my sound files into the working example .capx. Doesnt work.

What am I missing?

• My sounds are in the sound folder
    • I have .ogg and .m4a formats
    • Sound initiates on tap (or click)

Anyone? Is there a place where I can contact official support or something vs. waiting on a possible response in a forum?

Your example file plays fine in my phone's browser with no issues. It also plays fine when I created an apk and installed it. I have an LG G8X ThinQ w/ Android 9. Not sure why you're having problems.

This might be an obvious question...are you sure you have your volume turned up?

I import my audio as wav files, which then gets converted to webm for best compatibility across platforms.

After several hours I'm finally stumped! The full game is private, but I have attached a .capx that has the same issue for me.

In my game, clicking on an object causes a sound to play. Works on Computer Browsers but Mobile browsers don't play any sound no matter how much I tap the screen, or tinker with the settings.

h*t*t*p*s*://1drv.ms/u/s!AqQz4jQiBdANhfZWBxSI_eFNGB1eLA

I downloaded an example .capx from somewhere to see if the sound for it would play on my mobile browser, and it does. But no matter how I try, I can't reproduce the same results in my game.

I even tried downloading the sound file from that .capx and uploading it to my test file (in case my sounds are bad?) and I also tried uploading my sound files into the working example .capx. Doesnt work.

What am I missing?

As long As I used other formats than .webmI had exactly same issue.

It works fine for me on Android too.

Your example file plays fine in my phone's browser with no issues. It also plays fine when I created an apk and installed it. I have an LG G8X ThinQ w/ Android 9. Not sure why you're having problems.

This might be an obvious question...are you sure you have your volume turned up?

I import my audio as wav files, which then gets converted to webm for best compatibility across platforms.

Lol, it's okay you never know. I do have my volume up all the way & sounds on. I have an iOS device, and I've tried it on 3 different iOS mobile devices.

I wanted to make sure it wasn't my device, so I tried 2 games in two different browsers. A game from the Construct arcade and my own demo .capx. Sound in the game in the arcade plays, but mine does not.

How very strange. Perhaps if someone who also has an iOS device could try it? Are there any known issues with iOS devices and sound?

> After several hours I'm finally stumped! The full game is private, but I have attached a .capx that has the same issue for me.

>

> In my game, clicking on an object causes a sound to play. Works on Computer Browsers but Mobile browsers don't play any sound no matter how much I tap the screen, or tinker with the settings.

>

> h*t*t*p*s*://1drv.ms/u/s!AqQz4jQiBdANhfZWBxSI_eFNGB1eLA

>

> I downloaded an example .capx from somewhere to see if the sound for it would play on my mobile browser, and it does. But no matter how I try, I can't reproduce the same results in my game.

>

> I even tried downloading the sound file from that .capx and uploading it to my test file (in case my sounds are bad?) and I also tried uploading my sound files into the working example .capx. Doesnt work.

>

> What am I missing?

>

>

>
    • >
    • >
    • >

As long As I used other formats than .webmI had exactly same issue.

I believe I originally had .webm, the format .wav files are automatically converted to in Construct.

When that didn't work, I did some reading and uploaded additional .ogg and .m4a files.

I've spent a couple days on this, trying different things and reading the database/searching the forums and no sound plays whatsoever no matter the file format.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

So, what's great is it looks like the recent Construct update fixed the issue somehow!

I haven't tweaked or changed anything, so it has to be the update. Not sure what that means, but just thought I'd let you guys know.

Thank you for responding to my inquiry.

It's a rather old topic, but I just wanted to say for newcomers that I had this issue yesterday and in the export menu (deduplicate, recompress, Minify), changing the Minify mode from Advanced to "Simple" somehow solved the issue.

Kayonji - please note sound playback should still work just fine with advanced minify mode. If it doesn't, please file a bug. This is an old thread so closing now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)