[solved]Sprite Font text not showing in game

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Any reason why sprite font text wouldn't show in game? I have tried the sprite fonts on different parts of the screen, created a new layer above everything and moved the sprite fonts to that layer but still won't display it when you play the game. Also tried closing the editor and re-opening but still no go.

In Editor:

In Game:

• Use the debugger to see the details on the spritefont.

• Use the debugger to see the details on the spritefont.

It shows that it is there, when I click on one of the sprite fonts it brings up a box around the area where it is supposed to be with the sprite font name but its not visible. Not really sure what I am looking for in the debugger. It's showing that there is 1 instance of it, it's on the right layer, opacity 100, visible true, z index 11, and i have right clicked and moved to top of layer to make sure that wasn't it either.

• The only time I've seen the text disappear is when the box isn't big enough for the text, but that seems unlikely in your case. Maybe try resizing a bit. Otherwise, you'll need to post something to look at.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The only time I've seen the text disappear is when the box isn't big enough for the text, but that seems unlikely in your case. Maybe try resizing a bit. Otherwise, you'll need to post something to look at.

I went through and widened the text box sizes and that fixed it thank you. I wouldn't have thought of that just because the text showed in the editor so just assumed the text box sizes were fine.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)