[SOLVED] "On start" events not working

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hello,

So at the beginning of my first level, on start of layout I have a text that says GET READY and my enemy is paused for 1.5 seconds. The text is destroyed and my enemy starts moving.

I would like this to happen at the beginning of every level (each level has the same event sheet).

At the end of Level 1 the system "goes to next layout". However at the beginning of Levels 2 and 3 the enemy starts moving right away and the GET READY text is not destroyed. How do I make sure each level reads the "on start of layout" event?

Thanks!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello,

So at the beginning of my first level, on start of layout I have a text that says GET READY and my enemy is paused for 1.5 seconds. The text is destroyed and my enemy starts moving.

I would like this to happen at the beginning of every level (each level has the same event sheet).

At the end of Level 1 the system "goes to next layout". However at the beginning of Levels 2 and 3 the enemy starts moving right away and the GET READY text is not destroyed. How do I make sure each level reads the "on start of layout" event?

Thanks!!

Without seeing either the Event sheet or a .capx, it's pretty well impossible to say.

• > Hello,

>

> So at the beginning of my first level, on start of layout I have a text that says GET READY and my enemy is paused for 1.5 seconds. The text is destroyed and my enemy starts moving.

>

> I would like this to happen at the beginning of every level (each level has the same event sheet).

>

> At the end of Level 1 the system "goes to next layout". However at the beginning of Levels 2 and 3 the enemy starts moving right away and the GET READY text is not destroyed. How do I make sure each level reads the "on start of layout" event?

> Thanks!!

>

Without seeing either the Event sheet or a .capx, it's pretty well impossible to say.

this

also we have to know if you are using global object/ persist behaviour or things like that, i don't think is a "start of layout" problem, maybe im wrong but.. best thing is always up a project file when we can reproduce the issue and edit it for you.

• Ah yes. I realize it was vague. I will make sure to upload a file next time!

My problem was I had a condition for my audio to not restart in the same event, so it made the entire event not true every time it restarted. I separated the audio and now it works.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)