[Solved] Picking by UID, not knowing which sprite it is

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I'm looking to pick a sprite just by UID, not by selecting the sprite first.

Synopsis: I have a platformer which has objects in a room. As I pick up an object, I destroy it and keep track of the UID in an array. These objects differ. Eg: SpriteCoin, SpriteDiamond, SpriteDoor

When I go to another room(layout) I am reading the array and trying to remove the entries with the UID since they were picked up before.

Eg: Picked 3 items in the room. Item stored in Array(room#,Object.UID) as 1

Come back to room.

Loop through XY array

If array(Current Room#, array.YCur) = 1

UIDofSpriteToDestroy = array.Ycur

Destroy Sprite UIDofSpriteToDestroy

In searching the forums/FAQ/tutorials I see several example of picking by UID, but my understanding is that you know what sprite it is.

Can anybody provide insight?

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can do all of this with the Persist behaviour, it will remember what you picked up when you go between rooms : https://www.scirra.com/manual/161/persist

In terms of your actual logic, you can't pick the sprite plugin, only the objecttype.UID so spritecoin.UID, spritediamond.UID. What you could do is put all collectable items into a Family and use Family.IID.

• OMG you are a STAR! I hadn't come across persist, but that it exactly what it needs (per the manual write up too)

Thank you, that is brilliant.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)