Snapshot is limited to current user's Resolution - Any Alternative Option?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for an alternative to falling shapes, fully documented in comments and video
  • Hi All,

My project is meant to work on Desktop OS as standalone using NWJS export.

Hopefully for Windows, Linux and Mac. for start I focus on Windows 10.

The layout is 1920x1080 (Full HD), I have an Export Button to capture a PNG of this size.

For now my software starts on Full Screen because this is MY current resolution.

The thing is:

I want to start the software on Windowed Mode with smaller resolution such as 1280x720 for example and an option for FullScreen (Window and Non-Window) to fit ANY user resolution, even 4K.

But from a rough test, I understood that the Screen Capture will only CAPTURE the layout size based on the window size... and when I export PNG file, I get weird resolutions.

1 - How can I make, no matter what the screen resolution is, no matter if it's windowed or full screen to CAPTURE the TRUE ORIGINAL SIZE of the Layout which is: 1920x1080

2 - Is there a way to do this without ruin the TRUE original size? without scaling it up or down or reduce quality?

Example of what users may ran into:

If a user choose to work on 1280x720 windowed mode, I still want him to export 1920x1080 of the TRUE resolution of the layout, not just RESIZE it or tweak it in any way.

Same if a user works on Full Screen of 4K or whatever strange resolution...

3 - Is there a different way / Plugin / Addon I should use in order to accomplish this?

Or with the current Screen Capture option but... some MAGIC code? (I'm just a C3 noob so I don't know).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)