How do I simplify this "overlaping scenario"?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hi guys I'm having trouble in simplifying this "problem":

Imagine that I have 20 fields, 20 objects and a button. I want to drag n drop each object to a field and the button will only show after all the fields are overlapping/being overlapped.

I can only think at some really monstruous solution: I create a variable for each field and I need to check for each field if they are overlapping/being overlapped by each object and then update the variable. When the 20 variables have a determined value, the button will appear.

Is it possible to simplify this challenge?

Thanks in advance guys for any help :)

Tagged:

• What you described is how to do it I guess, but why is it a daunting task? Are you saying the 20 fields are different objects (not instances)? In this case you use a family, and a family instance variable, so just the one variable for all fields.

• Field variable=bool

->system compare field.PickedCount=field.Count do foo

• Each field is named as field1, field2.... field20 and each object is named object1, object2... object20

• Each object is randonly positioned on the screen and I need to organize them on each field.

• Put the fields into a family, and the objects into a family, then you can say if objectfam is overlapping fieldfam. Their main use is this, so you can refer to a group of possible objects as one object.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks _lions! :D I'll take a look how to use this then

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)