simple point system question

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • In order to pass the level in the game, you need to collect all the ships in the layer you are in.all layers are connected to a single event sheet

"Gems " & coin & "/36"

but each section has a different number of gems and I was able to make a text system like above.how can i change the number 36 above for each layer

• I guess you mean layout. Replace 36 with a global variable that can be set on start of layout. Because you linked them all to same event sheet you'll have to add another system compare condition 'LayoutName = '

• sorry i don't know much about construct 3 and i don't quite understand what you are saying (bad english)

character on collison with coin -> set text to "Coin " & coin & "/36"

this is my code.and my problem is that each section has a different number of coins

but because of this code, 114/36 style may appear due to money text in a different section.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You used 'coin' global variable. The total 36 should also be a global variable like 'total', not a hard set number. Then when you go between layouts you can set it differently. If in layout 1 set total to 36 so it says Coin & coin / total which would show 0/36. If in layout 2 set total to 20, again it uses the same code Coin & coin / total which would show 0/20. You managed to put the collected coins into a global variable, now its time to make the total coins a global variable.

• thank you so much

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)