Simple Array Question?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • I tried to load Array.JSON file to array object, and want to retrieve array value from certain index, eg, from index 6, used this expression "MyArray.At(6)" but it seems like the AJAX import is not properly working, all the value it import from the json array stored in only only index.

Kindly check this dropbox.com/s/5yzwumg4g3ym29c/Array%20Json%20Question.c3p

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why did you start a new post about the same issue?

Your array has width=1 and height=7. So there is only 1 element (row) on X axis. In debug mode it's shown as "A,B,C,D,E,F,G", but in fact there are 7 elements on Y axis.

You can right-click the table in the array editor and select "Transpose" to rotate the array.

• Posted this (Current) Question on the morning but it wasn't reflected to the community, it was not showing on my topic list either perhaps posted another, but now this question suddenly pop up out of nowhere, anyways, it was really a LOL moment for me because the solution you gave seems so simple and I was hunting it for all day (literally all day) _--_

btw thanks.

• Hi [DOP2000] quick question, My JSON array width is 1 and height is 90, on the debug mode it shows everything in one cell. If I Transpose it, then only it shows every element on the proper way, My question is, can we make it show the proper way even when the width is 1 and height is 90?

• Yeah, it's confusing that arrays are shown differently. X axis is displayed horizontally in the array editor and vertically in Debug.

• Yeah, it's confusing that arrays are shown differently. X axis is displayed horizontally in the array editor and vertically in Debug.

So it means, it must be a bug?

• It's not a bug, it's just a different representation of the same data.

• Okay, they might make it correct on the next version.

• Here the issue

Hi, Ashley

Sorry for tagging you but I checked it with the latest beta. The array still shows it in different way.

Please help.

• This is not a bug and will not be fixed.

You can post a suggestion here, if you think there is a better way to display arrays in Debug mode.

• Okay I will post it there, but the problem is its not just display the array differently, but it doesn't work this way. Every time have to transpose it to make it work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)