How do I show how the game will play and how it works

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of board games to make your day joyful. Play, Enjoy, Relax
  • I'm new to Construct 3. I want to show you how to play the game at the first level in my project, how can I do? Also, as another question, how can I add hint buttons at each level? Thanks.

• It's a pretty complex question. You need a deep understanding of how to implement a Boolean switch with variables.

I would also take a good look at how Timelines work. Its like the ultimate thing for doing tutorials.

• Also, as another question, how can I add hint buttons at each level? Thanks.

Can you explain a bit more on what you want the hint button to do? And how is your level setup?

• > Also, as another question, how can I add hint buttons at each level? Thanks.

Can you explain a bit more on what you want the hint button to do? And how is your level setup?

I have a word game, there are at least 2 and at most 5 words that should be present in each level. If the player is unable to find one of these words if it cannot be found, I want it to be a pop-up window when the hint button is pressed and a text box showing what the word is about.

• It's a pretty complex question. You need a deep understanding of how to implement a Boolean switch with variables.

I would also take a good look at how Timelines work. Its like the ultimate thing for doing tutorials.

Thank you very much for your reply. I know it's very complicated, but I try to solve the construct by working this way. To me, the easiest way to learn is to practice.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > > Also, as another question, how can I add hint buttons at each level? Thanks.

>

> Can you explain a bit more on what you want the hint button to do? And how is your level setup?

I have a word game, there are at least 2 and at most 5 words that should be present in each level. If the player is unable to find one of these words if it cannot be found, I want it to be a pop-up window when the hint button is pressed and a text box showing what the word is about.

Is your data per level stored in an array separately? If so then add an additional layer in the array that stores the hints value. Then add a hidden layer in the game screen with the UI that would pop up and use Array.At(loopindex, xxx) to pick the hint data.

In my quiz game, the array has row for quiz question, quiz index, quiz hint. Then to load each question I use a variable (you can use loopidex as well) which I increment by 1 so it loads the next question.

Since my variable tracks the current question, then when you click on hint button, it runs Array.At(variablename, 2).

• > > > Also, as another question, how can I add hint buttons at each level? Thanks.

> >

> > Can you explain a bit more on what you want the hint button to do? And how is your level setup?

>

> I have a word game, there are at least 2 and at most 5 words that should be present in each level. If the player is unable to find one of these words if it cannot be found, I want it to be a pop-up window when the hint button is pressed and a text box showing what the word is about.

Is your data per level stored in an array separately? If so then add an additional layer in the array that stores the hints value. Then add a hidden layer in the game screen with the UI that would pop up and use Array.At(loopindex, xxx) to pick the hint data.

In my quiz game, the array has row for quiz question, quiz index, quiz hint. Then to load each question I use a variable (you can use loopidex as well) which I increment by 1 so it loads the next question.

Since my variable tracks the current question, then when you click on hint button, it runs Array.At(variablename, 2).

Thank you very much for your long and detailed answer that I will try and do it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)