How do I show admob ad and mute all background music?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
No Ad-Sharing, Fully Open Source, No Remote Control, Well maintained
  • I'm displaying an admob ad after 3 deaths. Everytime the ad is played successfully, it seems to "mute" all of my current bg music and sound effects. Like completely silent. The sounds returns after I load the ad a second time. Not sure if this a bug or not. This problem seems to be related to this with no solution: construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/general-discussion-17/admob-messing-sounds-119443

Outcome I'm aiming for:

• Play bg music at the start of layout
    • Mute music if ad is playing.
    • Unmute music if ad is not running
  • Maybe the video didn't complete properly and the event never returned true. You can check this with something other than muting audio to test it. There is another event I think where video doesn't complete which you can use to compare.

• It's strange how this bug effects some people. I really don't understand it. maybe it's the new beta release?.. I just recently asked about this as well. Muting and unmuting doesn't work.

This is my steps:

Global boolean:(plays ad every 2 rounds)=true

Start of layout/is interstitial NOT loaded > Create interstitial ad, unmute sound.

Toggle boolean

On interstitial failed to load > Create interstitial ad

Lives=1/Boolean=true/is interstitial ad loaded > mute sound, Show interstitial ad

layout restarts

How about does anyone know how I can migrate/downgrade to version 197.2? I can't open my file since it's saved on version 198.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's strange how this bug effects some people. I really don't understand it. maybe it's the new beta release?.. I just recently asked about this as well. Muting and unmuting doesn't work.

This is my steps:

Global boolean:(plays ad every 2 rounds)=true

Start of layout/is interstitial NOT loaded > Create interstitial ad, unmute sound.

>Toggle boolean

On interstitial failed to load > Create interstitial ad

Lives=1/Boolean=true/is interstitial ad loaded > mute sound, Show interstitial ad

layout restarts

How about does anyone know how I can migrate/downgrade to version 197.2? I can't open my file since it's saved on version 198.

Yeah, I'm guessing some changes were made to admob and this issue is a result of that. Please let me know once you have found a solution!

• maximojo have you submitted a bug report? Why does it seem like nobody else is effected by this? I even started a brand new project to see if maybe I messed it up while working on my project. but it even happens on a brand new project. After interstitial ad, audio is gone.

• maximojo have you submitted a bug report? Why does it seem like nobody else is effected by this? I even started a brand new project to see if maybe I messed it up while working on my project. but it even happens on a brand new project. After interstitial ad, audio is gone.

I'm going to submit it soon! I just removed ads from the latest version of my game b/c the issue was stressing me out a lot hahaha

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)