How do I share a screenshot to twitter?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hey everyone,

I'd love to let players hit a button which lets them share a screenshot of the current screen (e.g. you won, and scored 1000 points graphic), along with a simple one liner message e.g. try it yourself at xyz.com - to twitter.

I've seen the "screenshots example" project in construct, but the share function doesn't work - it's always disabled.

Any ideas, tips, tutorials people can help me with?

Thanks very much!

• anyone have any ideas on this one? :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Apparently, there is nothing called Twitter anymore hence the old Twitter plugins are now deprecated.

Construct 3 officially suggests using the share plugin instead (Till they officially bring the "X" plugins).

Anyway here is the in-built c3 template that can help you with this.

editor.construct.net

Here check how this template use c3's inbuilt share plugins to share screenshot with the message. (It works not just on Twitter but any app)

Edit:

I've seen the "screenshots example" project in construct, but the share function doesn't work - it's always disabled.

The template is written in such a way that the share button is only enabled when the screenshot is taken.

• Hey! thanks for the reply.

Yes I've been playing around with that example... have you tried it?

Even after you make a screenshot it does not let you hit the share button... does it work for you?

I'm on chrome.

• It is perfectly working for me, Maybe there is some extension or setting on your Chrome that causes the problem, so I suggest you try with different Chromium-based browsers.

• oh that's so funny - i have an up to date regular chrome installed. i'm on a mac, if that's any different to what you have?

very strange, and yes thought this would be a super easy one.

• That's really strange 🙄

Even after you make a screenshot it does not let you hit the share button... does it work for you?

Just to confirm, the issue is coming when you just preview the project right?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)