How do I share elements between projects?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
3D Rendered, High Resolution elements to create an apocalytic scene or war zone
  • Hi, I'd like to import a layout (along with with the associated event sheet and objects) that I built in one project into another project. How can I do this?

Thanks!

- Jenn

• I think the only solution is to create a new blank layout and event sheet for it manually. Including all layers etc.

And then select all objects from the layout in the source project and copy-paste them into the new layout in target project. And then do the same with events.

• Thanks for responding.

Is there a way to do that copy/paste? If I right click I don't see a copy option, and dragging and dropping doesn't seem to work either.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ctrl-A to select all objects, Ctrl-C to copy and Ctrl-V to paste works for me.

• Ah thanks! At first I was trying to copy the objects from the project sidebar, but now I see I actually want to copy the contents of a layout or the contents of the event sheet itself.

That seems to work pretty well. One problem I ran into is that if the event sheet relies on any of the system objects (eg: mouse or audio) then I need to manually add each of those.

But this copy and paste is at least better than nothing.

Thanks for your help!

• maaan all the time i spent copying every event individually, smh lol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)