How do I make shape travel at an arc like this? (no physics)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • I figured the X component is fine. I only want the Y component to have that arc

I am garbage at this

dropbox.com/scl/fi/1fz1wgskcobehqiasxtn6/JUMP_BW_POINTS.c3p

Tagged:

• You can do it with the qarp() expression.

x=lerp(ax, bx, t)

y=qarp(ay, (ay+by)/2-400, by, t)

where ax,ay and bx,by are the two endpoints and t is a variable that you'd gradually change from 0 to 1 and vise versa to go back.

In the example I just set t to a triangle wave that ping pongs from 0 to 1 and back with abs((time/duration+1)%2-1) since it matches your example.

alternately you could just do set t to clamp(self.t+dir*dt/duration, 0, 1) where dir is -1 or 1, and the clamp avoids overshoot. You could then compare if t is 0 or 1 to see where it's landed.

dropbox.com/scl/fi/zxa5wnncpmhyrovadxia0/jumpArc.c3p

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can do it with the qarp() expression.

x=lerp(ax, bx, t)

y=qarp(ay, (ay+by)/2-400, by, t)

where ax,ay and bx,by are the two endpoints and t is a variable that you'd gradually change from 0 to 1 and vise versa to go back.

In the example I just set t to a triangle wave that ping pongs from 0 to 1 and back with abs((time/duration+1)%2-1) since it matches your example.

alternately you could just do set t to clamp(self.t+dir*dt/duration, 0, 1) where dir is -1 or 1, and the clamp avoids overshoot. You could then compare if t is 0 or 1 to see where it's landed.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zxa5wnncpmhyrovadxia0/jumpArc.c3p?rlkey=5n5s9v0bqg8hxu8ctm2nxsqh8

Oh man you're a life saver. I just never understood how to use qarp particularly what to enter in the last value.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)