Shake Screen time, uncontrollable

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • So I added a shake screen to my game camera, and the screen shakes great. The problem is though, that it takes like 8 seconds to stop shaking, no matter what time I put in, or which setting it is on, reducing magnitude in this case.

Has anybody encountered this before? Any ideas what I might do to fix that?

I have a lerping camera, nothing crazy. So I'm currently at a loss.

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't see the "Shake screen" action on your screenshot. Are you sure it's triggered only once? You can add something like Browser Log "Shaking" into the same event, open browser console and see how often this event is triggered.

• I don't see the "Shake screen" action on your screenshot. Are you sure it's triggered only once? You can add something like Browser Log "Shaking" into the same event, open browser console and see how often this event is triggered.

The shake command was used in the sheet for the level, and is just a "if playerbox collides with X, then shake."

I can stick that sheet up too, if necessary. It's just so basic, I figured the problem might be in my camera controls.

I'll try out your browser log tip, and see what it nets me. Thanks!

Solved it! Thanks!!

• do you lerp your camera shake?

i also use scrollTo lerp for my camera and therefore have to make my own shake, but it doesn't look great.

the problem is sometimes the shake ends on a position further away from where it was previously so when the shake is over and goes back to the normal lerp, it jumps a bit making it look bad.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)