How do I set mobile vibration amplitude?

1 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
A whole set you need to create a gorgeous winter 2d game
  • I know on mobile device you may use AndroidFunction plugin to let your smartphone vibrate but what about set the vibration amplitude?

Does it is possible?

thanks

• if you are interested to this feature you may take a look at this and add your vote:

https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-1236

thanks

• The browser plugin has a "vibrate" action, however it's somewhat limited on iOS. This is because Apple gives very little control over vibration to app developers.

• The browser plugin has a "vibrate" action, however it's somewhat limited on iOS. This is because Apple gives very little control over vibration to app developers.

Nepeo yes, I have seen the vibrate action, is it something you guys can extend and includes amplitude and strength? (at least for android devices)

thanks for your attention.

• The API we use only provides the capability of producing a vibration pattern ( for example: vibrate for 200ms, pause for 100ms, vibrate for 300ms, pause for 50ms, vibrate for 50ms ). It doesn't allow you any other control unfortunately.

The actual native APIs on devices tend to be rather fragmented. Originally on iOS and Android vibration was actually part of the audio system. Now they have dedicated systems for it, but some cheaper hardware isn't capable of meeting the requirements for more advanced things.

• The API we use only provides the capability of producing a vibration pattern ( for example: vibrate for 200ms, pause for 100ms, vibrate for 300ms, pause for 50ms, vibrate for 50ms ). It doesn't allow you any other control unfortunately.

The actual native APIs on devices tend to be rather fragmented. Originally on iOS and Android vibration was actually part of the audio system. Now they have dedicated systems for it, but some cheaper hardware isn't capable of meeting the requirements for more advanced things.

Nepeo that's of course a limitation for old and cheap devices but do you think it will be possible technically speaking implement this feature into next C3 releases and somehow test/check if the device will be able to use this?

thanks

• It's technically possible, but a lot of work. We would need to research the Android APIs further, look into similar iOS ones. Once that is done we would have to write a new cordova plugin to access the native methods, then either integrate it with an existing C3 plugin or add a new one.

If there was more interest we would look into it, but I don't think there is. I talked to one guy a couple years back who wanted to make a game for the visually impaired using vibration but that was the last time I remember someone mentioning it.

You can file a feature request on https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas?project=C3 and we'll take a look at it once it has gained sufficient interest. Or try asking around of the SDK forum, might be that a developer will make a 3rd party plugin for you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's technically possible, but a lot of work. We would need to research the Android APIs further, look into similar iOS ones. Once that is done we would have to write a new cordova plugin to access the native methods, then either integrate it with an existing C3 plugin or add a new one.

If there was more interest we would look into it, but I don't think there is. I talked to one guy a couple years back who wanted to make a game for the visually impaired using vibration but that was the last time I remember someone mentioning it.

You can file a feature request on https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas?project=C3 and we'll take a look at it once it has gained sufficient interest. Or try asking around of the SDK forum, might be that a developer will make a 3rd party plugin for you.

I've already asked for a feature request:

https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-1236

let's see if there are others interested users on it.

Thank you for your clarification and time

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)