How do I Set Family Animations

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of various zombie characters sprites for creating a 2D platformer or sidescroller game
  • Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or me just being inept. I've created a 'Family' of obstacles with the 'Bullet' behaviour that spawn randomly on the layout. They're supposed to play my 'explosion' animation before being destroyed. The event snippet below works most of the time upon testing, but every now and then the obstacle is destroyed without playing the 'explosion' animation. Does anyone have any idea why this might be? I've tripple checked the obstacles and the 'explosion' animation name for all of them is the same.

Thanks,

Himesh

• Change your event to 'on explosion animation finished' > destroy

• Change your event to 'on explosion animation finished' > destroy

Thanks, but if I change it to 'On explosion animation finished' then there will be nothing to trigger the death animation and subsequent death. I still need the 'touch event' so my mouse/touch screen for android to trigger the explosion if that makes sense.

• Ok to rephrase, remove the Wait and destroy, create another event 'on animation explosion finished' > destroy

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok to rephrase, remove the Wait and destroy, create another event 'on animation explosion finished' > destroy

Ooh, sorry for the misunderstanding. That seems to have done the trick :)

One more question if thta's ok. Is is possible to stop the 'bullet behaviour' on the family of obstacles? E.g. On Bullets touched, set bullet speed to 0? The option is there for normal objects but not families.

• You can move the bullet behaviour to the Family object level. You will need to if you want to run actions for the Family.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)