How do I seperate the instances of the same enemy?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Give Sound to the enemies that are part of your game! :)
  • Yeah, I know, it's a frequently asked question. I've never had issues with copyed instances on projects in the past and there are plenty of solutions on the net. But this one drives me crazy cause none of them works. All worked fine in a previous version where I only used the animation of the enemys. Then I added the red box as the main enemy-sprite to keep the image point in place and solve some problems with the Z-order. Now, if there are more than one enemy on the screen at the same time, they act nuts.

It would be wonderful if someone could take a look at the mess and give me a hint or maybe even a solution before I've pulled out even the last of my hairs.

Controls are wsad for moving, j for attack and space to spawn a new enemy.

dropbox.com/s/23a37a7mnyhxtx6/Barb.c3p

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The Skeleton_Warrior sprite and the skeleton animation sprites are not connected to each other. Pin only makes them move together, but it doesn't really link them.

You need to add them to a container (in properties on the left panel). Then each Skeleton_Warrior instance will be linked with the animation sprite. You only need to create one object, all other objects in the container will be created automatically. And when one object in the container is destroyed, all other members will also be destroyed.

Most importantly, all members in the container will be picked in events. If you pick Skeleton_Warrior instance (for example by checking its LineOfSight), its animation instance will also be picked.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)