How do I send data from a game to a server?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Data+ is the best Data Management solution for Construct 3. It contains 4 Addons (Plugin & Behavior).
  • Hi all. I did a quick search for this, but I wasn't sure what keywords to focus on, so I thought I would open up my question to the community.

I would like to make a collection of minigames which, when completed, would send the scores to a server, which would then be added to the players 'account'. Perhaps something like an XBox Live account tied to a Facebook account, if that makes any sense.

I have no idea where to start with this one.

1. What's the best way to handle this on the Construct side? I was thinking that the stats and scores could be held on a JSON array and then, when the play exits, the array is send to the website/server. How might y'all handle doing something like this?

2. What's the best way to handle this on the server side? I am a complete noobie. I barely know how to use construct. I'm looking for something cheap and easy. Something on which the players can make an account/profile, play html games on that website, and then the score data from the game would be logged on their account.

Thanks all! 😊✌️

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here's a free option:

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/firebase-tutorial-sign-upsign-143366?kws=sparsha

Cool! Thanks! I was just looking at his tut and at FireBase itself. They both look great! I'm a real beginner though, so i'm still fuzzy on a couple things. Is firebase just like a cloud drive that has been optimized to receive, store, and/or return data that was sent by another website? Or is the website actually built on FireBase?

Noah.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)