Search Animation Names

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • Hi guys!

I just want to know is there anyway that I can search the animation names of a sprite and if the animation name contains specific numbers or characters set that as a parameter (for example) for "Set Animation"

for instance:

Fluids_Sprite has these animations:

12_Coffee

13_Water

14_Moonshine

and I want an expression that search through these animation names and if one of them contains 13 set that as parameter for "Set Animation"

I've tested this expression but it's not appropriate

find(Fluids_Sprite.AnimationName,str(51))

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • AnimationName expression returns only the current animation. There is no way to retrieve the list of all sprite animations. (except for calling internal C3 methods from Javascript, which is not recommended)

• A "Has Animation" condition for Sprites would be so useful!

• You could use something like this

This example would pick the dragonfly animation

Although such condition would be useful, I would prefer if there was some way to get the whole list of animations. You can vote for this idea:

construct3-21h2.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C321H2-I-319

• You could use something like this

This example would pick the dragonfly animation

As far as I know the second parameter in tokenat must be number

would you explain what is the second parameter(background) and how it would pick the dragonfly?

exactly that's the condition I was looking for which seems construct 3 doesn't have it.

I also vote dop2000 idea

• As far as I know the second parameter in tokenat must be number

would you explain what is the second parameter(background) and how it would pick the dragonfly?

oops, I was in a hurry and forgot to change the variable, anyway I have updated it.

Anyway what I was trying to point out, is that you can use a variable in tokenat to set the animation that you want, if they are referenced in numerical order.

tokenat(src, index, separator)

Return the Nth token from src, splitting the string by separator. For example, tokenat("apples|oranges|bananas", 1, "|") returns oranges.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)