Scroll to problem

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • I have an issue with the scroll to behaviour. I have it applied to my player and nothing else but when I play the game the scroll displays in a different location and I have no clue why.

• do you have multiple players, or bounded scrolling

• do you have multiple players, or bounded scrolling

I have just 1 player. Initially, I thought there might have been two players or something so I went as far as to duplicate the player and rewrite all my code to see if that would work but it didn't.

I also have unbound scrolling turned off.

• Got any parallax layers?

Describe the scrolling. Is it offset by a set amount, small, large? Does it move when you move the character? At the same rate, or different?

Any other objects with the scroll to behavior enabled?

• I also have unbound scrolling turned off.

I thought this had to be turned on for scrolling near the sides of layouts.

From the manual:

To scroll, the size of the layout must be bigger than the project's viewport size, or the layout's Unbounded scrolling property must be enabled. Otherwise there is nowhere to scroll to and scrolling will have no effect.

• > I also have unbound scrolling turned off.

I thought this had to be turned on for scrolling near the sides of layouts.

From the manual:

To scroll, the size of the layout must be bigger than the project's viewport size, or the layout's Unbounded scrolling property must be enabled. Otherwise there is nowhere to scroll to and scrolling will have no effect.

The layout size is 6000 x 4000 and the viewport size is 320 x 180. It should be working.

From what ik so far its something to do with the layers.

I recreated some parts of the layout in a new one and after copying about 3 of the orional layers that's when the camera starts acting weirdly

• Got any parallax layers?

Describe the scrolling. Is it offset by a set amount, small, large? Does it move when you move the character? At the same rate, or different?

Any other objects with the scroll to behavior enabled?

I have 1 layer with the parallax set to 0 and all the other are set to 100.

The layout the player is on has a parallax of 100.

The offset is displaced by quite a large amount, it does move when the character moves at the same rate.

Heres a video of what it looks like

youtu.be/-dgDTMer1sA

• I have an issue with the scroll to behaviour. I have it applied to my player and nothing else but when I play the game the scroll displays in a different location and I have no clue why.

Just want to let people know the problem is solved.

I had too many objects with instances in my scene

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • instead of scrollto set scrollx and scrolly manually in events

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)